Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:39:36 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Anyone got automatic windscreen wipers? I'm told the Fiesta ones
actually come on when it's frosty, and rip the blades off. You'd think
they'd have a temperature sensor?

Mind you manual is as bad, I've yet to see a car which flicks the wipers
to off when you turn off the engine, otherwise the next morning they try
to wipe when frozen and you lose the rubber!

My last two cars have had them - rain sensing. But they cancel when you
switch off the engine - even if you leave the switch in that position. You
have to reset the switch after starting the engine. Anything else would be
stupid.

Eh? AUTOMATIC wipers should not need any switches pressed. I'd expect them to just start working when it rained.

FWIW, neither system worked as well as I'd like. Despite several settings,
often wouldn't trigger with a wet screen.

So what DID they do?!

--
I lost the trivia contest at the church social last night by one point.
The last question was: "Where do most women have curly hair?"