Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

WOW! They must have been picking on you in particular, I never
experienced that.

In Houston RS opened a super store IIRC it was called Incredible
Universe. It was a very nice store that scratched all itches with
product selection. The problem was you had to have an ID card to get
in, not just to buy. They wanted all your personal info to give you a
card. They were very intrusive and there was always a line of people
at 4 spots re registering because they for got their cards.

The store failed miserably and I would probably blame the PIA
procedure to get inside the store. Talk about idiots.

They probably read about how important knowing your customer was in some
trade rag and interpreted it wrong. You don't get to know your customer
by forcing them to give you their personal information, you just talk to
them:
"Did you see this was an N scale part?"
"Oh yes, I've got both HO and N at home."

Hey, you just learned something about your customer! Your customer just
learned something about you, too.

Guess who you'll see next week because he happened to be in the area?
Not the guy you forced to give his address, social security number,
mother's maiden name, car history, license number, and the names of his
first three girlfriends.

Puckdropper