Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Automatic windscreen wipers and frost

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:27:50 -0000, NY wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
Anyone got automatic windscreen wipers? I'm told the Fiesta ones actually
come on when it's frosty, and rip the blades off. You'd think they'd have
a temperature sensor?

Mind you manual is as bad, I've yet to see a car which flicks the wipers
to off when you turn off the engine, otherwise the next morning they try
to wipe when frozen and you lose the rubber!

I always pour a bit of *tepid* (not hot) water over the wipers and screen if
there's frost on the screen, to free the wipers. I then make sure the wiper
switch is set to off before turning the ignition key.

How do you remember to do that?

--
A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.