Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default OT (a little) DAB radios and battery life

On 12/01/2017 08:51, Brian Gaff wrote:

Besides, from one manufacturer, recently I heard that usage of digital has
to be over 75 percent before fm will be turned off.

Yes I think the figures were when usage reaches 50% a "date for switch
off" will be set - hoping that loads will go out and buy new sets to get
them rapidly up to 75%

I think though that when they do switch of, if ever they do it will be a
pirates bonanza. Here in London its already chock full of pirate fm
stations with islamic spoutings, bible bashers, drug funded rave stations
etc, all concreted into the tops of tower blocks fed from band 1 low power t
transmitters beamed to them from other parts of the city.

There are some advantages to living in the country - I can get BBC
R1,2,3,4 & 1 BBC local about 3 commercial stations and apart from that
the airwaves are very quiet. Another reason I am apprehensive about DAB
because at the moment the signal is minimal.

Brian

--
Chris B (News)