Tom J

Default Replacing Gas Line on Weedeater

"Robert A. Barr" Not.for.@harvest wrote in message
Owen Funkhouser wrote:

My weedeater's gas line finally bit the dust (literally) and I'm now in

the
process of trying to replace it. I have very TINY hole in the gas tank

that I
fit a small rubber hose through. The hose is the right side but I just

need
some tips on how to get the tube through that hole in the gas tank. Help?

Toothpick & hemostats? Where did you find the hose? (I might be in the

same
position very soon...).

An easy way is to cut a long taper on the end, punch a hole in the taper and
use a straightened gem clip or nylon fishing line to pull though the gas tank
hole. Use needle nose pliers stuck into the hose end to stretch the end
enough to go on the filter tip and carp bib. Use gasoline resistant sealer
around the tubing where it goes through the tank.

The secret on stretching the end of the hose is to shove the nose of the
pliers in the hose as far as possible and then pull the handles apart and hold
for a time, release and shove in farther and spread handles again. Keep
repeating until the hose will stay stretched open long enough to fully
assemble. It will shrink back to a tight fit within a minute.

Tom J