Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default More green lies.

On 08/01/17 20:48, newshound wrote:
On 1/4/2017 12:04 PM, TimW wrote:
On 03/01/17 22:43, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Andy Burns
wrote:

[...]
Makes no difference to the CO2 issue.

It's like when greens claim that letting wood rot "naturally" instead
of burning it reduces CO2.

I dare say some people say stupid things sometimes, and what you do with
wood makes no difference to the amount of fossil fuel we consume which
is the main driver of the greenhouse thing by a long way.

Well when *I* fire up the woodburner, the TRVs kick in and my gas bill
goes down.

Exactly. I didn't express myself well, but burning wood is carbon
neutral as long as the carbon cycle continues of Co2 to hydrocarbons by
plant growth then back to CO2 by oxidisation. It isn't carbon neutral if
the forest is just wasted and not replanted. But it is a fine thing you
do for mankind every night that you light your woodburner

TW