Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Garage fluorescent light fixtures

"Chiefjim" wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 5:17:27 AM UTC-6, dadiOH wrote:
"Chiefjim" wrote in message
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 6:58:44 PM UTC-6,
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 16:39:23 -0800 (PST), hrhofmann wrote:

What is a tombstone called by regular people?

The lamp socket.

To the OP, I am migrating all of my old T12F40s to LED as they go bad.
So far so good but considering most of these are 20-26 year old cheap
"shop lights", they have a lot to live up to.

Did you find any of the plastic parts became brittle? As I seldom use
the
garage lights I would have stayed with fluorescent tubes but when tubes
won't twist into place and tabs snap off I get doubtful.

I have 20 year old shop lamps too, NP with the tabs, I'm in Florida. How
cold was it when yours broke?

18

Could be why they broke, stuff gets more brittle when it is cold.