Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT new car vs year old car....

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 13:23:57 UTC, jim wrote:
I have offers for a new car of Circa 26600 (carwow) in my choice
of metallic.

2nd hand/ex demo "year old" examples are advertised (ebay, auto
trader) for 24000 or 24500, usually in cheapo white.

If these cars retain 45% value after 3 years shurely these used
prices are way over the odds?

What gives?
--

I'm a one year old or thereabouts buyer.
I usually get 20-25% off the new price.

Most of the ones I've had in the past were repossessed jobs.
The main thing is to be flexible and shop around.
Don't set your heart on any particular thing.