Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Link V belt in varidrive?

Thanks for the report Martin.
Eric
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 21:36:15 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

On my wood and on my metal lathes I have link belts. Two widths.
The wood lathe had bearings that ran in open races with grease pots.
Taking that apart and maybe not the other caused me to try in the first
place.

The belts are tough. They take wearing in - going from flat to V like.
The length needs shortening after a wear in period takes place.

Martin

On 1/9/2017 12:13 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
wrote in message
news
I am needing to replace a v belt in my DoAll bandsaw. The belt goes
from the motor to the varidrive. I have been trying to get the
varidrive apart to change the belt but there is a retaining ring that
is giving me fits. Especially because both of my wrists are bone on
bone joints and they are forced to bend in a bad way when trying to
get the damn ring off. So I'm thinking that maybe one of those link
type V belts might be a good solution. Anybody have any experience
with these type of belt in a var-drive?
Thanks,
Eric

I have a link belt on my small lathe. It works ok.