Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default European police issue warning as foldable gun which looks likeiPhone to be released in US

On 11/01/2017 15:27, FromTheRafters wrote:
Bod used his keyboard to write :
On 11/01/2017 14:46, FromTheRafters wrote:
Bod brought next idea :
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world...-a3437591.html

Consider the potential for illegal gun ownership by criminals and
the
need for more citizens to protect themselves from being
victimized by
their violent crimes. Now you have you answer from above of why the
need
to carry a gun in public.

Have you personally had a gun drawn on you at all?

Yes, several times, once by cops. Now it seems that they have
legitimate
concerns when someone pulls out a phone. Next protocol will be for
them
to only 'return fire' just like those stupid 'Rules of Engagement'
where
soldiers have to wait to be shot at before shooting at obvious
attackers.

I agree about the soldier bit being wrong "to have to wait" etc,
but
why did the cops point a gun at you, what had you done that was so bad
for them to do that?

You shouldn't assume that someone has to have done something wrong to
have this happen, but in my case...

I was in possesion of a 'stolen' car. I had been working on it with a
friend and had it parked in the driveway where I was living at the time.
These cops were complete assholes who IMO should never have been given
the authority that they had.

The car had been reported stolen by the owner who was at that time
incarcerated, and the person who 'stole' it was his brother who was
using it without his brother's permission and wanted my friend and I to
tune it up (a seal was leaking oil onto the FI points) and install a
Blaupunkt stereo as a surprise for his brother who was soon to be
released.

The cops burst into my bedroom with guns drawn as I was pulling my pants
on, and pulled them back off of me so that they could jail me while
wearing only my underwear. They took joy in telling me how close I came
to being shot and how much they like being able to shoot white boys.
While taking me to the 'shower' to hose me down they briefly made an
error and I considered taking them on because I thought they were going
to beat me, but I didn't and they didn't beat me.

Still, I know lots of cops and they are not all bad like these were, so
I still have some respect left for them. It's a tough job and I think
that they should do a better vetting and stop those with psychological
problems from joining their ranks.

Wow! what an interesting, but scary thing to happen to you.

Why I said "what had you done that was so bad" is because unless

there was a strong suspicion of someone being armed in the house, our
cops would never pull a gun on you. In fact the likelyhood of any of
the UK cops even being armed with a shooter would be unlikely.
Maybe the brother was known to be violent and armed?

Quite likely. This was South Central Los Angeles after all, and I
suspect very different from the UK.

Indeed.