Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage fluorescent light fixtures

On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 4:32:31 AM UTC-5, devnull wrote:
On 01/10/2017 06:12 PM, Chiefjim wrote:
Curious to learn - what is a realistic life expectancy for a garage flush mounted fluorescent light fixture?

Depends on the quality of the light fixture. If the fixture came from your local BigBoxSuperMart, it prolly won't last long.

I've got cheap big box fixtures that are well over 20 years old. Still going strong.

I recently rewired some of them for use with the new direct connect LED tubes. Now there's
nothing much left to go bad, so they'll probably last forever.