Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Thoughts on Extended Warranty

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 22:33:41 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
jim k wrote:

Davey Wrote in message:
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 23:24:30 -0000 (UTC)
Tim+ wrote:

Davey wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 12:51:44 -0000 (UTC)
Tim+ wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
Davey wrote:

We have a Hotpoint Dryer, six years old
I have received an offer from Hotpoint for an Extended
Warranty, which would cost me £5.15 per month
Any thoughts

If you'd stuffed a fiver a month in a shoebox since the
machine's original 1 year warranty expired, you could go out
and have your choice of many Hotpoint 7/8kg condenser dryers
now ...

True. But not the question I posed.

Or even a proper gas one. ;-) Of course getting gas installed
where you want it might make it unviable.

Tim

Well, there is no mains gas in the village, so that's out. I
don't know if they even do Calor Gas dryers, an interesting
thought. But I'm happy with electric anyway.

Looking at the figures for heating, LPG is still way cheaper than
electricity. Dunno how it would compare with a heat-pump based
electric machine though. Installation cost (if you don't already
have lpg would rule it out I guess. LPG machines do exist though.

http://www.whiteknightrange.co.uk/wh...7kg-white.html

Tim

Interesting. We have 19kg bottles for cooking, but they are a fair
way from the utility room, so would need a fair bit of piping work.
I really can't be a....d.

Nah.
Get a dehumidifier & lose the tumble dryer altogether?

No thank you.

--
Davey.