Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] edhuntress2@gmail.com is offline

Default Credit card over the limit declined

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 2:35:59 PM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:06:45 -0600

On 2017-01-10, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:29:53 -0600
Ignoramus8887 wrote:

[...]

There used to be a limit here for how much you could pay at the pump.
It use to be $80 if I remember correctly. If you stayed under that
amount it went through. You could go into the station with your card
first I believe and process the card there. Here are a couple
articles. They are old but should help explain it...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4962033&page=1

https://consumerist.com/2008/08/11/s...he-pump-limit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_at...t_to_consumers

Leon, I was indeed trying to pay INSIDE.

It was just a guess...

Did some searching with "chase card". Wow, a lot of disgruntled users.
One thing I did notice is that a lot of them payed off their monthly
balances in full and yet till got declined for small purchases.

All sorts of tales of woe he

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cred...ds.html?page=2

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

My wife tried buying some flowers for her mother by telephone for Christmas, and both her Chase card and a Cap. One card were rejected.

It turns out that neither one would accept telephone charges on a chip card. The florist didn't seem to know that, or possibly she didn't use the 3-digit code on the back of the card.

It was a small-town florist that doesn't get many phone orders.

--
Ed Huntress