George

Default Mulch and Carpenter Ants

"Billy" wrote in message
We just had several yards of mulch laid up against many parts of the
foundation of our house. It's a very dark color and has a very strong

odor.
My wife said it smells like horses. Do you know what type of mulch this is
called?

One Problem is, I didn't think of it but we recently had a major problem
with carpenter ants. Will this dark mulch laid up against the home attract
the ants to the house? I know mulch retains moisture, and also know that
carpenter ants love moisture, so was this mulch a mistake?

A friend just had a major termite problem and the pest control guy strongly
suggested it was because of the mulch they had placed around the house.

I thought you were never supposed to leave wood around a house so placing
mulch seems to be an open invitation for bugs.