Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8887 Ignoramus8887 is offline

Default Credit card over the limit declined

On 2017-01-10, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:29:53 -0600
Ignoramus8887 wrote:

I have two credit cards, one for my business and one personal.

For both, I pay them in full every month and my current debt is way
under my credit limit on both.

And yet, today, at a gas station, both cards were declined due to "OVER
THE LIMIT".

I am curious as to why it happens. I have always carried cash on me,
so I was able to pay for gas, but I am puzzled as to why it is
happening.

I absolutely dread the future prospect of a so called "cashless
society", promulgated by greedy banksters, and this sort of stuff is a
part of the reason. Cash is a very useful thing, for many reasons, but
cash cannot hire lobbyists and banks do have lobbyists.

Still, I want to know what is happening behind the scene as to those
transactions that are being rejected.

Thanks

There used to be a limit here for how much you could pay at the pump.
It use to be $80 if I remember correctly. If you stayed under that
amount it went through. You could go into the station with your card
first I believe and process the card there. Here are a couple
articles. They are old but should help explain it...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4962033&page=1

https://consumerist.com/2008/08/11/s...he-pump-limit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_at...t_to_consumers

Leon, I was indeed trying to pay INSIDE.