Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Mounting an electric vertical radiator horizontially

Lee Turner m wrote:
Hello, we have a loft conversions with no central heating, we are limited to
ceiling height on the walls due to the low eaves so I am looking at the
possibility of mounting a designer electrical radiator that is designed to be
hung vertically, horizontally.

Here is a link to
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vertical-A...AOSwKtlWtAJ a

Is this possible, as it is not directly plumed it shouldn't need to be bleed,
I'm just not sure if it will still function in the same way.

Cheers

If it's oil filled with an element (or elements) at the bottom, convection
will not carry heat away from the elements in a horizontal position. This
would cause the thermostat to shut the element down long before the whole
radiator is hot.

On the whole, a bad idea I would say. Look for something designed to be
mounted horizontally.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls