Posted to uk.d-i-y
simon mitchelmore simon mitchelmore is offline

Default How crucial is the 10mm expansion gap in laminate flooring?

Just laid some Wickes tile effect lam with underfloor heating and it expanded only about 2mm over about 3-4 metres, very stable. Although I hear its very sensitive to humidity or damp.

Only problem I have is where it meets a 2m wide patio door I cant find a suitable 2m strip which will allow expansion underneath it, like an upturned L section. Currently have a 10mm gap there! Any ideas?