Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Silestone burnt stain

Joe writes:

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 3:37:13 PM UTC-5, net cop wrote:
Joe writes:

My wife accidentally had put a hot pot from the burner to the
countertop and immediately saw what she did and removed it, but it
left a partial 'burnt' bottom on it. I tried to remove the stain with
some bleach and water mixed, then just bleach and finally a Brillo
soap pad...all with no luck. I even used the Bars Keeper Friend. Its
just a stain, not a penetration. Anyone here have other suggestions
how to get rid of that stain? Thanks

Silestone appears to be sold with a 25 year guarantee.
So my advice is call them up.

Our Corian suffered a major crack.
The company came out and fixed it free of charge.
So DIY is not really the way to go with these things.
If you have a guarantee, use it.

I did call this morning Jan 9th and they told me that the guarantee
does not cover burns and its like...

Well, bad for them. Here we are on the all pervasive Internet and
we all see a good reason to choose Corian over Silestone.

You still need a pro for repairs so, I guess you have to call them back
for a lead on repairs.

--
Dan Espen