Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Silestone burnt stain

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:40:41 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

As I said at the top of this thread, call a pro, they have the right
stuff to fix it,

Who do you consider a Pro in this situation. I called the The fabricator and they said right away, without even asking how bad of a burn i created with the accident..."You have to buy a new countertop" Plus, warranty does not carry for burns and the like.".

I would call another guy who does that product. I believe Silestone is
what is generically called "quartz" and one of the selling points was
that it could be repaired. This is far from my favorite counter
surface so I am not here to defend it. Basically this is sand and
plastic binder and there is a way to reconstitute it that involves
adding more binder and buffing it out but I am not sure that wound
will ever totally disappear.
As I said I have a bunch of it here in my materials pile and I have
worked with it a bit but so far I have not been able to duplicate the
factory finish on cut edges.
Granite is a whole lot easier to work.