Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity On Day One of New Congress

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 14:03:49 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

I think the real estate license may be the best example if you were
going to have reciprocity. A real estate license says you understand
that state's real estate laws well enough to arrange contracts.
A CCW reciprocity would mean you understood the state law well enough
to know when using you gun was legal and that varies widely across
state lines. An excellent example would be the Maryland Virginia
border. A "good shoot" in Virginia will get you time in the big house
across the bridge.

Agree. But the issue is it up to the states to decide which state's
they will have reciprocity with or is it the federal govt right to
force it down their throats. Doug thinks it's a constitutional right.
If so, it's very strange that NRA or other gun rights groups haven't
brought a case demanding all states recognize any CCW from any other
state.

If Trump/Pence get two SCOTUS seats, who knows what will happen.
No matter what, I do think the education requirement is a reasonable
burden. I also understand there will be gun free zones and other
limitations. (hence the education part)
A good start would be some kind of federal law about transporting
unloaded firearms through blue states. If I am going to New Hampshire
where guns are legal, I am still subject to arrest in Maryland, New
York and New Jersey, just for having them, unloaded, cased and stored
in my luggage.