Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity On Day One of New Congress

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:39:02 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 10:17:21 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:
trader_4 wrote in news:b3e613cc-67b7-4e0b-be4f-
:

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 11:26:59 AM UTC-5, burfordTjustice wrote:
GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity On Day One of
New Congress

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...uces-national-
concealed-carry-reciprocity-day-one-new-congress/

My guess is that this is unconstitutional. Can the feds tell states
that they have to recognize another state's carry permit?

Yes, they can, and no legislation is needed. Article IV, Section 1, of the Constitution states
"Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial
Proceedings of every other State." If Illinois is required by this section to recognize my
Indiana marriage certificate and my Indiana driver's license, why not my Indiana handgun
license as well?

IDK, if Colorado issues a license enabling you to smoke pot, must all
the other states recognize that? States right now issue licenses to
practice law or conduct real estate transactions, yet they are not
universally recognized by all the other states. And if such right does
exist, why hasn't one of the guns rights groups brought such a case
to the courts?

Those are cases of things that are specifically allowed in that
particular state.
I think the real estate license may be the best example if you were
going to have reciprocity. A real estate license says you understand
that state's real estate laws well enough to arrange contracts.
A CCW reciprocity would mean you understood the state law well enough
to know when using you gun was legal and that varies widely across
state lines. An excellent example would be the Maryland Virginia
border. A "good shoot" in Virginia will get you time in the big house
across the bridge.