Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sears to sell Craftsman to Stanley/B&D

On 1/7/2017 8:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2017 8:25 PM, wrote:

DirecTV has ironed out the problems, that bugged us, and is the only
service that we have gone back to.

I hate satellite TV. We've had both and they're crap. Every time a
cloud rolls by they go out. They claim that it doesn't happen but it
does and they can't/won't fix it. No thanks.

You must have a decent cable company. We don't. Cable would go out in
light rain, and a hundred other reasons. My neibor stopped over the
other day and was complaining about the cable company and how email is
down frequently.

Takes a really bad storm for DirecTv to go out. In a year we may lose
15 minutes and get pixelation a few seconds a month if heavy storm
clouds. It kept working even in a blizzard.

I will side with krw about DirecTV. In the past it has been horrible.

We got DirecTV many years ago somewhere around 2004 before HD TV was
available through DirecTV. It was bullet proof.

A few years later we upgraded to HD, just as it was introduced to our
area, and it was HORRIBLE. I was talking to technicians every day. The
picture would stop and pixelate and often we would loose 5~10 seconds of
sound. That got better with 4~5 HD DVR swap outs but was never resolved
totally.

In late 2010 we moved into a new house and went with UVERSE. Oddly
weather affected that too except it would be out for days at a time.

In the summer of 2013 during a 5 day period that Uverse was out for the
whole neighborhood, we went back to DirecTV but with the Genie DVR.
Since that point our service has been great.