Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity On DayOne of New Congress

On 01/07/2017 04:59 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 12:08:14 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/07/2017 10:38 AM, Shadow wrote:
As to the stupid federal law allowing "retired law enforcement
officers" allowed to carry concealed weapons, I really can't see any
advantages. They can't work outside their juristiction, and they are
retired .... maybe they think their lives are worth more than anyone
else's ?

Retired and off duty cops with concealed guns are stopping
crime all the time. More guns, less crime.

Of course. Not because they are retired or were cops. The
stupid part is a Federal law that says they can carry concealed
weapons, even if they went absolutely barmy since they retired, but an
honest working citizen does not have that right.

As far as pot goes. It is stupid to use. But, probably
less harmful to society than alcohol. We will see.
At least pot heads do not tend to drive and slaughter
innocents by the thousands.

I will make an exception on the stupid remark for
those who legitimately need it for medical reasons, like
to treat the side effects of chemo.

Do you realize how much safer pot is than the one
use additive designer opiates the allopaths prescribe?
What is the statistic, sometime like three times
the deaths to designer opiates than all the illegal
drugs combined? YIKES !!!!

I am a doctor.

Uh oh. I talk smack about your profession a lot. I have
T2 and a lot of people in my life have been killed by
the leading killer (death by medical). I can be really
critical at times.

I am drug free and totally under control for
over three years, no thanks to the GP I went to. What a
load of crap I was fed. Fortunately the ER allopath that
diagnosed me was the only one that gave me accurate and
honest information, so I new something was wrong with my
GP allopath. I liked the guy too.

When I broke my wrist, the ER gave me some weird designer opiate
for the pain. I never take an allopathic drug without first researching
it. It was a one time use addiction opiate. I
just suffered with the pain. I eventually got use to it.
Kind of like hitting your thumb with a hammer. All I
needed was a broken wrist AND an opiate problem! The
guy did a great job setting my wrist. No pins required.
But, he really blew it with the designer opiates.

You are preaching to the pope.. (assuming the
pope believes all that rubbish in the bible - I doubt it)

My thoughts are that society should not stop folks
from taking drugs, as it is a fools errand. But
society should regulate the hell out of your behavior
under the influence. Drug test for jobs, lose your
car and go to jail if driving under the influence,
don't use around kids, no excuse for criminal behavior,
yada, yada, yada.

Back when drugs were legal, social pressure was far more
effective than prohibition.

Yes, but refusing to employ someone just because they drink
tea is absurd. Totalitarian, almost
Oh, but Fox News says tea is OK ? OK, if Fox News says it is,
it must be.
Cannabis , OTOH, is deadly. No proof required.

There is proof, if you can get by the hype. I don't
think prohibition helps the matter. What do they say,
85% of studies are pay for results.

Ban it, make
users socially unacceptable. Jail them. And drink tea.
[]'s

We are definitely going to see what happens with pot.
IMO, using it is stupid, but so is using tobacco and alcohol.
Alcohol has turned our roads into killing fields.
There is no moral difference between legal and illegal drugs,
just a legal difference.

Hemp, on the other hand, you can't get high off it, gets
mixed in with pot all the time. Hemp is a great cash crop, if
folks would stop confusing it with pot. Hemp pollen ruins pot. Chuckle.