Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Silestone burnt stain

"Joe" wrote in message
On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 3:37:13 PM UTC-5, net cop wrote:
Joe writes:

My wife accidentally had put a hot pot from the burner to the
countertop and immediately saw what she did and removed it, but it
left a partial 'burnt' bottom on it. I tried to remove the stain with
some bleach and water mixed, then just bleach and finally a Brillo
soap pad...all with no luck. I even used the Bars Keeper Friend. Its
just a stain, not a penetration. Anyone here have other suggestions
how to get rid of that stain? Thanks

Silestone appears to be sold with a 25 year guarantee.
So my advice is call them up.

Our Corian suffered a major crack.
The company came out and fixed it free of charge.
So DIY is not really the way to go with these things.
If you have a guarantee, use it.

--
Dan Espen

Does the Silestone company give the warranty or the seller? I don't
recall. Its been over 5 years ago..Its not porous so a seal is not
necessary, said the salesman.

I think youre going to find that a guarantee from anyone isn't foing to
cover setting a hot pot on it and screwing up the surface.

It doesn't matter that it is non-porous and doesn't need a sealer. it is
plastic and has been burned. Ir will have to be sanded out and repolished.
You need a pro,