Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default TS Circuit -- Part 2

On 1/7/2017 5:58 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/7/2017 1:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2017 1:39 PM, Leon wrote:

Today "safe" is considered to be around 12V. I can't think
of any situation where you'd consider 110V to be "safe",
unless you're comparing it to something like 1200V.

"Safe" is considered to be anything less than 52V. There was once
talk about the automotive industry moving to a 48V battery. The
reason for 48V was that it was just below the "safe" limit. Of course
it never happened because it would have caused more problems than it
solved.

When was that talk? No doubt, there is always something in the air but
I never read or heard of that back when I was in the automotive
business.

I'm sure it was intended to help make vehicles lighter in weight.

Coming soon, evidently

Not every electrical component will switch to 48-volt. Lights, radios,
electric windows and door locks, for example, would stay 12-volt. And
Delphi’s vision is that vehicles with 48-volt systems would also have a
strong regenerative braking system to capture much of the energy lost
when a vehicle slows down.

Read mo
http://autoweek.com/article/technolo...#ixzz4V6czYRqB

Jeez even more reason to "NOT" do work on your car yourself, especially
electrical.