Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Lithium powered things not charging?

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 12:36:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

snip

Seems to me this is best fixed at the software level.

I prefer that idea, that's for sure but to find out I'll need to get
some charge in the battery. ;-)

Is there a firmware update available,

I can't be 100% sure but daughter may have accepted an update or two
when she first got the unit but I'm not sure she's remember what they
were if there were.

or have you tried contacting Samsung?

No, I haven't yet because this being a second user device, I felt my
first port of call would be the supplier.

I have read many who have contacted Samsung and if it was in warranty
they were sent back and repaired or replaced and if out they suggested
the customer bought a new one.

I will get daughter to email the supplier for Monday, possibly
requesting a full refund and treat her to the difference on a new Tab
A 10.1 (with a 2 year warranty).

Cheers, T i m