Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT? PCI TV tuner cards

On 01/06/2017 10:52 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I thought DNNA removed all of the monthly activation requirements.

Just in the current software installation. They had no way to fix the
hardware itself.

had a message pop up on my monthly that said it was set to lifetime.
If the machine was ever plugged in during that amnesty program it is
lifetime.

Until you reset it, replace the drive, or change software. It's a good
idea to have a way to activate it. If you get a used Replay, you have no
way of knowing it if was connected during that time (20011-2015 IIRC).

At any rate the Manual record does look like an old VCR timer where
you enter time, duration and channel.
My 4000 machine never had an immediate record like a VCR where you
just hit the record button and it bumped up the stop time a half hour
per push.

I never had a 4000, just 2000, 3000 and 5000. I know they came with a
different remote. Are you saying there was no 'record' button?

I've tried these 5 different recording methods on Replays:

1. Manual recording (REAL manual) press 'record' to start and 'stop' to
stop. If you have schedules, these will interfere.

2. Timer recording (like a VCR, select times and channel).

3. Scheduled recording (find a show in the guide to record).

4. Automatic recording (called theme channels). This requires a guide
and records a show REGARDLESS OF TIME AND/OR CHANNEL. That is, it
searches the guide for you.

5. Multi-Replay automatic recording (something I always wanted, but not
possible until I got WiRNS). This feature is called JIT. When I got this
set up, it records a lot more of what I want.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." -- Sir Winston
Churchill, British Prime Minister, 1940s, 1874-1965