Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Silestone burnt stain

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 11:10:30 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

My wife accidentally had put a hot pot from the burner to the countertop and immediately saw what she did and removed it, but it left a partial 'burnt' bottom on it. I tried to remove the stain with some bleach and water mixed, then just bleach and finally a Brillo soap pad...all with no luck. I even used the Bars Keeper Friend. Its just a stain, not a penetration. Anyone here have other suggestions how to get rid of that stain? Thanks

A pro can buff it out and reseal the surface with new plastic. I have
had zero luck simply polishing this without adding new material to
fill around the exposed aggregate. I can make it better but there will
always be a smudge.