Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clock Radios

Chris Green wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

Wonder if he really does mean a traditional - ie wind up alarm?

... which, coming to think of it, *doesn't* need setting each night
does it? I.e. surely you just silence it 'now' when it has woken you
up but that doesn't prevent it ringing again tomorrow.

The mechanical ones I remember, you had to pull the knob up to enable it
to ring, and when it went off, pushed it down again to silence it, so
that would prevent it ringing again tomorrow if you forgot to pull the
knob back up later that day, and if you pulled it up too soon, it would
go off 12 hours early.