Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Visionware, was: Question about cleaning black varnish off pots(and why corning pots are brown)?

On 1/6/2017 10:42 PM, danny burstein wrote:
In Ed Pawlowski writes:

The second question is simply why are all the corning glass pots brown?
Can't they make them clear like Pyrex measuring cups are?

The brown pot is Visionware. Corning stopped making it years ago
because it is crap to cook with. I don't know if it is colored for
visual effect or the compound to take the heat. My wife had a
visionware pot and it went into the trash with the burnt on the bottom
potatoes that stuck while boiling with water.

Corning stopped selling them in the US very roughly 20 years ago,
but brought them back very roughly five.

So yes, they are available again.

(The Corning line of cooking ware, plus, of course, Corelle,
is now owned and marketed by World Kitchen)

http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/visions/

The question is, Why? Worst cookware available.