Lar

Default Mulch and Carpenter Ants

In article ,
says...
One Problem is, I didn't think of it but we recently had a major problem
with carpenter ants. Will this dark mulch laid up against the home attract
the ants to the house? I know mulch retains moisture, and also know that
carpenter ants love moisture, so was this mulch a mistake?

The mulch won't be so much an issue with carpenter ants
but maybe several smaller variety of ants along with
different type of insects that live in that sort of
environment. Even though mulch will attract some insects
over time you still are better off with the mulch in the
long run. Just don't let it build up higher than the
foundation, six inches below is best.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/owl1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!