Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default OT? PCI TV tuner cards

Per (PeteCresswell):
I cannot cite exactly how the cableTV connectivity plays out - except to
say that it is definitely there if you choose the right model. Something
about a provider-specific card, I think.

Got it: cable needs the "Prime" model:
https://www.amazon.com/SiliconDust-H.../dp/B004HKIB6E
and something called "CableCARD":that you have to rent from the cable
provider: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CableCARD

How is your OTA reception?

I've got Weingard's most bigass antenna (http://tinyurl.com/hg2lft3)
mounted on my garden shed, a few 2-TB drives in my 24-7 PC, SageTV
running on that PC.... and I have more good, interesting TV in the box
that I could ever watch.

Not only that, but every few months some nice young person from one of
the cable providers comes around to tell us that we are the only people
within X miles that do not have cable and wouldn't we like to sign
up....

--
Pete Cresswell