Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Clock Radios

On 04/01/2017 17:40, Martin Brown wrote:
On 04/01/2017 17:13, RJH wrote:
On 04/01/2017 09:03, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Any suggestions?

I was looking for one today funnily enough. Saw one of these in John
Lewis that might fit the bill:

https://www.robertsradio.com/uk/prod...dio/blutune-50

Bit more than I am willing to pay, but I see they're available cheaper
online. Not that impressed with the sound - but a decent name ;-)

Dunno about you but I choose sound systems based on how they *sound*
rather than the brand name. Even in their heyday Roberts were just
putting together Ferranti made building blocks in a half wooded case.

Bit of a whoosh situation there :-)

I find Roberts tend to trade on a name too much - bit like Hoover and
Dyson perhaps. I tried one of their internet radios while I was there.
Crashed/locked solid.

Back then they didn't try so hard to boost the base response which is
what leads to the excessive boxiness of their current offerings.

Yes, that's what I thought about the sound, very boomy and overbearing
bass, dull treble.

I do have a Stream 83i - had it for some years now and use it every day.
That's pretty good.

--
Cheers, Rob