Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clock Radios

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Amongst the desirable attributes I wish to retain a

Large clear LED digits easily read by the short-sighted,
permanently illuminated (no need to reach out and tap anything),
also displayed when the radio is on, but not so bright that they
light the whole bedroom.

At least two easily selectable alarms.

Radio when used as alarm to be the same volume as when last
listened, which can be set as low as I want.

Control buttons easily located and operated without my head
leaving the pillow, ideally on the front.

Sleep timer with adjustable duration.

Mains operated, with automatic clock synchronisation.

If you find one, let me know. The problem here was finding one with a
large enough display for me to read easily without glasses. Really needs
to be about 2" high. Which I did once have - but that failed beyond
repair.

All I could find after much searching was an alarm only, which I modified
to switch on the sound system in the bedroom. It is mains locked, so at
least keeps to time on average. A radio controlled one would be better so
you don't need to set it when the hour changes.

Only thing it lacks in practice is a sleep timer.

--
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.