Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default ow women's liberation began with Jesus

On 1/3/2017 7:28 PM, T wrote:
On 12/31/2016 09:47 PM, Muggles wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 20:41:15 -0800, T wrote:
We are also told by the Bible to hold to the traditions
the founders (Apostles) taught us:

There is nothing wrong with traditions as long as we don't turn them
into a religion. Tradition is supposed to remind us of the past. It's
not supposed to be our number one focus. When that happens tradition
becomes legalistic and people use it to try to control others so
they're behavior will fit into a nice neat box that the powers that be
can control. Following Christ isn't about emphasizing tradition over
all the other things Christ taught us.

Hi Maggie,

True and not the traditions I was speaking of.

The traditions I am speaking of are the ones the Apostles
taught that Jesus had taught them and told us to hang
on to.

At the start of the Ancient Church, there was no Bible.
There were scraps of paper and oral teachings. The
need to get all this under control was what brought
about the Bible at the First Ecumenical Council.

Here is one of the most popular scraps of paper
that was going around at the time. It is
called "The Teaching of the Apostles" (Didache)

http://www.orthodox.cn/patristics/ap...didache_en.htm

This link shows how the teaching were solidified into
the bible. It is a fascinating read. And it links
us back to the time of the Apostles and those that have
gone before.

There is a strong condemnation of abortion in it too, so if
any lefties remark that earily Christians accepted abortion, you
can throw it in their faces.

Yours in Christ,
-T

I don't bother to get into discussions on abortion with lefties.

--
Maggie