Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Smoke Alarm Li-Ion Battery. Bucket Of Water Approach To StopRinging ?

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:49:32 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 5:33:39 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 22:30:26 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 1:56:58 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 17:33:03 -0000, Thomas wrote:

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 7:55:11 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
If CO, oh for goodness sake, boilers exhaust the gases into the outside world, not into the house. You don't need a CO alarm.

That is a scary opinion.

Is your boiler exhaust inside the house? Only really old fires did that.

There are deaths here in the US each year from CO poisoning and it's
not from "old fires". Typical example is a chimney used by a boiler,
furnace, water heater becomes obstructed, perhaps a rodent's nest.
People go to sleep and never wake up. I have a CO alarm in my home.
But you of course are free to do as you please.

A chimney? ROFL! I don't have 19th century fixtures.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...actual-dangers

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...ler-411064.jpg

Nobody has a boiler like that. Boilers have had proper flues with all the gases going outside for decades.

--
How does a Welshman find a sheep in tall grass?
Very satisfying.