Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Smoke Alarm Li-Ion Battery. Bucket Of Water Approach To StopRinging ?

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 11:01:03 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 02:32:42 -0000, mike wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 17:33:03 -0000, Thomas wrote:

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 7:55:11 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
If CO, oh for goodness sake, boilers exhaust the gases into the
outside world, not into the house. You don't need a CO alarm.

That is a scary opinion.

Is your boiler exhaust inside the house? Only really old fires did that.

If the CO alarm goes off, the answer might well be yes.
Things don't always work the way they should. We call that BROKEN.
Your advice turns broken into DEAD.

Your boiler cannot break that badly.

Of course it can. There are deaths here in the news every winter
where people died from CO from a home boiler, furnace, etc
malfunctioning. Geez, you must not pay attention to the news much,
because I'm sure it's not a US only problem.