Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default TS keeps popping circuit

On 1/3/17 4:41 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have one 15-amp circuit serving my basement shop. Can I switch the breaker to 20 amps? TS is tripping when ripping 6/4 maple.

As others have pointed out, it depends on the gauge of the wire.
#12 wire will handle 20amps, but you need to make sure it's #12 all the
way to the breaker.

With one 15amp breaker for your whole shop, I would be hesitant to put a
20amp breaker in and then run the saw plus a dust collector at the same
time.

Sounds like a good excuse to run another circuit out there. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--