Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default ow women's liberation began with Jesus

On 12/31/2016 11:13 AM, Muggles wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 21:20:45 -0800, T wrote:
If you find something different, quote me the verse
and the edition of the Bible so I can see what is
different.

The part about paying to saints isn't in any Bible I've read.

I did give you some quotes to look at. We are suppose to
pray for each other. And again, it is whatever you are comfortable
with. Love never ends.

And remember that not everything that Christians believe is in
the Bible: the Nicaean Creed, the Trinity, etc.. Some of
it is the "traditions" that have been passed on that the Apostles
tell us int he Bible to hold fast to.

It helps that my church wrote the Bible, well
"compiled" it. We did not write the Old Testament. All of the writers
in the new testament were member
of my church. We know what is suppose to be in it.

I always thought God's church were all believers - not any specific
group or denomination.

When I refer to the "Church" I am referring to the predenominational
ancient institution that Jesus founded. This is the church that
showed up at at the seven ecumenical councils. The first one is where
we got the bible from. This church still exists. It is the one whose
authority both of us accept over the Bible. Today, it is called
the Orthodox Church.

I have heard the word Church used the way you are using it. I
prefer to refer to it am my Bothers and Sisters in Christ.
Or just Christian believers. Unless you are Orthodox, you
are part of the institution that Jesus founded. By the
way, I probably am not either, as I have never formally
been accepted into an Orthodox church.

But it doesn't matter:

€śTeacher,€ť said John, €śwe saw someone driving out
demons in your name and we told him to stop, because
he was not one of us.€ť

€śDo not stop him,€ť Jesus said. €śFor no one who does
a miracle in my name can in the next moment say
anything bad about me, for whoever is not against
us is for us. Truly I tell you, anyone who gives
you a cup of water in my name because you belong
to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.
-- Mark 9:38-41 NIV

We both belong to Christ.

Glory be to God!
-T