Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default [OT] handrwriting conventions

On 02/01/2017 10:29, N_Cook wrote:
I'm aware of a bar through a z , to distinguish z from 2 and a slash
through 0 to distinguish zero from O. Anyone aware of an underscore
below v, to
presumably distinguish written v from u ?

The other complication , mainland Europe uses a bar on 7 and then a
flick to the left at the top of the 1. Then in the UK that flicked 1 is
interpreted as 7, as we don't use the bar, but on the other hand , we
don't have a way of telling a 1 from a lower case l it would seem, other
than prehaps some people but an underscore to the 1