Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default [OT] handrwriting conventions

On 02/01/2017 10:37, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 02/01/17 10:29, N_Cook wrote:
I'm aware of a bar through a z , to distinguish z from 2 and a slash
through 0 to distinguish zero from O. Anyone aware of an underscore
below v, to
presumably distinguish written v from u ?

Below suggests something else going on with 'u'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region...ting_variation

"The lowercase letters u and v €” These letters have a common origin and
were once written according to the location in the word rather than the
sound. The v came first; the u originally had a loop extending to the
left and was only used to start words. All other locations for either u
or v were written with the latter. In Germany (especially southern
Germany), Austria and Switzerland, lowercase u is often written with a
horizontal stroke or swish over it (Å«, Å©), to distinguish it from n."

I first took it to mean someone was empahasing the character was an
underscore in an email address , not a hyphen, but that was not the case.
So next attempt in the bouncing em train, will be a v in that position