Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Hot Water Recirculating Pump

On 12/27/2016 3:44 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

A customer sent me this:

Needed: A unit that would allow remote manual operation of a
standard household Hot Water Recirculating Pump from up to
six locations within the house; i.e., kitchen, bathrooms,
utility room, etc., anywhere hot water is needed, eliminating
the need to run the hot water tap until the hot water arrives.
This is the alternative to a timed or constant running Hot
Water Recirculating Pump.

Said he is going broke having to keep the hot water running all
the time.

Any of you guys have an experience with this kind of thing?

Many thanks,
-T

When I built my system. I put in a time delay relay, actuated by a low
voltage push button in each relevant location. I set the relay for a few
seconds longer than the longest time it needs to run to get hot water
where it needs to be.