Colbyt

Default Best way to remove a saddle valve?

"Mike Wood" wrote in message
I want to completely remove a leaky saddle valve which once
fed an icemaker water line ( no longer in use).
What's the best/easiest way to permanently remove the valve
and seal the remaining hole in the copper pipe? I prefer NOT
to cut the line and solder in a coupling.

Mike
Wake Forest, NC

Permanent requires the cut and sweat. A long term semi-permanent repair can
be made with a clamp repair kit available for a few $ at plumbing supply
houses. It is a clam shell like device with heavy rubber pads that wrap
around the pipe and secure with bolts. To code and legal in most places in
exposed locations.