Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Christmas lecture

"Richard" wrote in message
news
"tim..." wrote in message news

"Richard" wrote in message
news
"tim..." wrote in message news

"Richard" wrote in message
news "tim..." wrote in message news

news On 29/12/16 21:54, Richard wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message news

"mechanic" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 10:30:04 -0000, tim... wrote:

And I won't even start on how they expect people to charge up at
home with
planning rules that allow developers to build hundreds of houses
on an
estate with only communal parking.

The thinking there is that public transport takes away a lot of
the
journey needs. Plus amenities like schools, shops, doctors etc
need
to be planned in (planning gain).

I live in a small town.

one bus per hour (on each route - different directions) last bus
6pm,
three buses in total on Sunday (per route)

Living without the use of a car is not "possible".

That's ********. It is possible, just not something that you'd like
to do.

Yep. I live in a similar place.

I could dispense with a car have all food and groceries delivered

if you can find someone who will deliver for below a £75 spend

tim

OK dim...wit, is it possible or not? I don't give a toss whether the
delivery is free or not.

As I don't use them (for the reason stated elsewhere), I had genuinely
got the impression from casual observation that they wouldn't deliver at
all if you didn't make some minimum spend.

If it is, in fact, a spend for free delivery, I am quite happy to be
corrected, but not to be insulted

So you lied.

no I didn't

Oh yes you did, by incorrectly stating the minimum purchase requirement.

but not because I lied

I said that I genuinely thought it was the rule