Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default DIY behaviourism?

No these ones are coded so they do not go off when other things happen. this
is an intercom and I understand it runs the same protocols and frequencies
as the walk about phones in your house do, so I guess the worst that can
happen is a bit of range reducing if others use equipment on the same
channels. Unfortunately the very cheap wireless doorbells only have about
half a dozen codes and share them so it appears with some of the older car
key fob devices.
This is why I did some research first. If one is going to rubbish everything
that works by radio, we will have to all start living in caves next and
making flint arrows etc, according to that logic. No get a newer bell or
intercom that runs using unique encoding.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Saturday, 31 December 2016 15:48:16 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 31/12/2016 09:28,
wrote:
On Saturday, 31 December 2016 09:26:26 UTC, ARW wrote:
No. I am saying that wireless systems are ****.

You're just envious because no-one's paid you to fit a wireless
doorbell!

Owain

My neighbour has a wireless doorbell.

It goes off whenever someone uses their car remote control so
they have just taken the battery out of the pushbutton.

So now they have the most useless of all doorbells, one that
suggests that it works, but actually doesn't. I suspect this
is why so many callers just bang on the door instead.

At least my wired friedlander runs off a transformer in the CU
and it illuminates an led in the pushbutton, so callers can
see that here is an active doorbell if they come in the dark.

Years ago I pressed a bell button & silence, nothing. So I knocked. The
occupant got a little florid with his words at that point. Clearly he hadn't
figured out the value of letting people know it's working, and after a dose
of verbal abuse no-one had bothered explaining it to him. I didn't either.

NT