Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Emoluments Clause ~ The Brookings Institution

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 05:49:06 -0600, #NoDAPL wrote:

On 12/30/2016 9:56 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 21:00:20 -0600, #NoDAPL wrote:

The Emoluments Clause, until recently not much discussed because

Nobody has ever been prosecuted for it.
Were you ****ed that John Kerry's wife was selling ketchup all over
the world while he was running for president? How about half of
congress in business in their district? LBJ owned the biggest TV
station in Texas and he was still in Washington.

How I feel has nothing to do with it and had you been following my
thread re EC you'd know it depends on Congress. I try to give you guys
the benefit of the doubt but it really gets difficult with some of you.
Try reading the article.

I understand you Clintonistas are grabbing at straws at this point but
hanging your hat on a 200 year old law that has never been enforced is
pretty weak.