Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Correct wire used at last

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , ARW
writes
On 30/12/2016 18:51, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 29/12/2016 18:16, Simon Mason wrote:
After suffering several burnouts by using stranded 2.5mm cable for my
8.5 kW sauna, I finally used 50A 10mm cooker cable and have solved
the wiring problem.

Good job I don't do it for a living.

Why not?

It's **** easy to do it right first time.

Oh. Right, I happen to have this chalet bungalow needing a full rewire...

Crack on then.

You could have fitted a double socket in the time it took you to make
that post:-)))

I'm more than happy to lend a hand but *skilled* men seem very
protective of their work opportunities.

As a matter of interest, am I going to be laughed at if I want to run
cables in ducts at ceiling level and through/over soffits rather than
have sparkies drilling endless holes through structural timbers?

--
Tim Lamb