Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default ow women's liberation began with Jesus

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:15:27 -0800, T wrote:
I can't find any scripture that tells us to ask people
who have passed away to pray for us. Jesus is
supposed to be our intercessor when it comes to
that side... I haven't come across scripture that
says the dead in Christ have access to the living, or
vice versa.

Hi Maggie,

Hi Todd..

Do you believe in the Trinity?

I do.

The word "Trinity" is a Latin word and there is not one
single word of Latin in the Bible. The Trinity came
out of the same Nicaean council that compiled the
Bible and the Nicaean Creed.

"Trinity" just describes something that is found in the Bible: the
father, son, and holy spirit. It doesn't matter if the origin of the
word is Latin or a Hebrew word. It describes something actually in
the Bible.

If you believe in the Trinity, then you are not
"sola scriptura" (the Bible Only).

On the contrary... a word that describes something in the Bible
doesn't negate "solar scriptura".

And you are trusting the authority of the Ancient
Church in its teachings. Just as you are trusting their
authority over what went in the Bible.
Not everything Christians believe is in the Bible. This
one is though.

If it's not in the Bible there's a reason it's not there.

We Ancient Faith'ers have a long history of the asking
others for their prayers, whether they are in Heaven
or on Earth.

There are no Bible scriptures that teach praying to anyone in heaven.
Christ alone is our intercessor in heaven.

The first time a saint prays for you, you
can never be dissuaded of their existence. Those in
heaven have a lot of access to us. As beloved Saint
Paul says, "love never ends" (1 Corinthians 13).

I'm not being critical of you.. OK? I've never understood praying to
saints. It's not in the Bible. Why pray to Christ's servant when you
can talk directly with the master himself?

I personally have had several Saints pray for me.
And I have a personal relationship with one who
chose me.

Doesn't that put Christ lower on the priority list? Doesn't it say
that no-one is to come before Christ? I really don't understand.

He has even spoken to me in English before. It gets
really interesting when Jesus joins the conversation.

Christ should be first in the conversation, not second.

And no saint is more approachable than Jesus.

Jesus isn't a saint... he's the Christ- son of the living God. To
call him a saint removes his standing as king. I can't see how
calling Jesus a saint glorifies him?

My personal belief is that the Lord loves it when we
pray for others, not just ourselves.

I've no problem with people on earth praying for others here on
earth. :-)

Also notice I said "we". The Church Triumphant in
heaven and the Church Militant on Earth. "We".
We are not abandoned and forgotten by the Church
Triumphant.

But, there is no biblical reference that supports or encouraged
prayer communication between those in heaven and earth.

Our communion in prayer with the saints is the
realization of the bond between Christians on
earth and the Heavenly Church. (Heb 12:22-23)

Asking a saint for their prayers is no different than
me asking you for your prayers. And, of course, it
is whatever you feel comfortable with.

Saints on earth are different from those in heaven.

Love never ends.

Yours in Christ,

Likewise

--