Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default USPS Junk Mail, Fake Prize Notifications: Business Plan?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 22:24:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/29/2016 9:42 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
A few samples from our mailbox on a single day:

http://tinyurl.com/z8o7dna
http://tinyurl.com/jlyr9o2
http://tinyurl.com/z5jawb8
http://tinyurl.com/z4de4ku

2 common threads:
- Asking for money for some purported charitable organization.
(I didn't even bother looking any of them up on Charity Navigator)
- Asking the target to perform an action - like moving a sticker from
one place to another or signing a "Reply".
Are other people getting this kind of volume (8-12 in a day)?
Or have we been promoted to "Prime Target" on some sucker list
somewhere?
And what's with the compliance tests (moving the sticker, signing
something...) ?

Wow, they just want to give you tons of money and you complain? You
could be very wealthy.
No, we get some junk but I've not seen that kind of contest stuff very
often. Life insurance, car sales, hearing aids are frequent though.
Rarely see a contest.

Ed - Is your junk mail addressed to you or bulk ?
... big difference.
John T.