Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default USPS Junk Mail, Fake Prize Notifications: Business Plan?

A few samples from our mailbox on a single day:

http://tinyurl.com/z8o7dna
http://tinyurl.com/jlyr9o2
http://tinyurl.com/z5jawb8
http://tinyurl.com/z4de4ku

2 common threads:

- Asking for money for some purported charitable organization.
(I didn't even bother looking any of them up on Charity Navigator)

- Asking the target to perform an action - like moving a sticker from
one place to another or signing a "Reply".

Are other people getting this kind of volume (8-12 in a day)?

Or have we been promoted to "Prime Target" on some sucker list
somewhere?

And what's with the compliance tests (moving the sticker, signing
something...) ?
--
Pete Cresswell